"I know I don't have to sell you on cats. They grab our attention - and our hearts - and we never want to let them go. We know that all it takes is one look at that regal body, one contented purr or the way they wrap their sleek bodies around our ankles, and we stop whatever we are doing to focus on them. And they expect nothing less."
(from "The Secret Life of Cats)
My Cat, Cooper
Little Boy and Heidi
(well, he used to be little)
Cat Nip Time
My friend's 3 Cats who have passed on to the Purrrly Gates
A dickens of a cat
Heidi & Little Boy
Mother and kittens
Kitty Cat Poems and Quotes
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of
life: music and cats."
"When cats die they pass through the Purrrrly Gates."
(from the book, "Cat Angels")
"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
"No heaven will not ever Heaven be unless my cats are there to welcome me."
(Epitaph in a Pet Cemetery)
"I once saw a kitty with wings on its back. 'Pussy', said I, 'Are you angel or cat?" Then I saw the rest of the bird by a shack and said to myself, "Well, that answers that."
"A cat has nine lives and nine souls, and it must also have nine guardian angels watching over it. Which would explain why the little fellow is so smug."
“ I have lived with several Zen masters – all of them cats.”
Eckhart Tolle, The Power of NOW.
And as we all know... "Cat lovers are purrrfect"
Over ten million animals are abused, neglected or abandoned yearly. You can help each day with a free click!
Visit The Animal Rescue Site at http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com daily and click the purple button. That simple action gives food to an abandoned or abused animal.
There is no cost to you! Funding for nutritious food is paid by site sponsors and goes to nonprofit animal welfare organizations who use it to feed animals living in their shelters and sanctuaries.
The Animal Rescue Site was launched in July of 2002 and generated 22.9 million bowls of food for animals in its first year, and more than 28 million bowls in 2003! your help, many more animals will benefit in 2004. It all depends on the number of people who visit the site.
Please click at The Animal Rescue Site once a day and forward this email on so more people can help give animals the happy, healthy lives they deserve!
Please sign the petition: "Protect Animals During Times of Disaster!"
Please take a moment to read about this important issue, and join me in signing the petition. It takes just 30 seconds, but can truly make a difference. We are trying to reach 75,000 signatures - please sign here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/666406628
Once you have signed, you can help even more by asking your friends and family to sign as well. Thank you!
"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who deal likewise with their fellow men."
-St. Francis of Assisi
From Your Cat
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful...
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I HAVE ONLY YOU!
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll NEVER forget it.
7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth thatcould easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me.. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food. I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get when I get old.. You, too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.....